Wednesday, March 19, 2008

God doesn't believe in atheists

I listened to an intellectual who identifies himself as an atheist evolutionary biologist. Interesting choice for a scientist’s title, he includes what he chooses not to believe in describing his science, as though he is threatened by the thought that God will not agree with his view of science.

The talk was an arrogant rant by someone who is as much as daring God. He said that in order for an intelligent being to have created the earth, the intelligent being would have to have evolved over along period of time. That’s a good one. I guess it’s too deep for him to understand that God has always been, he can’t grasp that because he is trapped in his evolutionary construct.

I remember a time when I was very young, pondering how you must get bigger and bigger the older you get. At age 5 or so, when I thought this, I saw the world through the eyes of someone who grew constantly. Nobody told me that the rate changed and that at a time you stopped growing. I suppose if I’d been a scientist, I’d have calculated that someone living to 100 years old would have to be something like 10 feet tall.

Much the same, the vehemence evolutionists feel for people who believe in the Bible’s creation story is masked in a superior pseudo intellectual view that assumes that things must be very old because for the things they think happened to happen at the rate they observe - a vast number of years – billions – is required.

They reject the notion that the earth is only thousands versus billions of years old, not because they can prove it, but because if they believed it their theories would be set aside. So, instead, they ridicule those who believe the God who made us, because they believe they are superior to that belief and that they have discovered a truth greater than God.

Whew.

No comments: