Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Turkey

So as we work feverishly to get the house ready for the Thanksgiving gathering and resultant feast I reminisce about a few Thanks I have.

Thanks for my life in West Virginia.  It wasn't really something I planned very far in advance, but it is clear to me now after over 3 decades that God had it in mind all along.

Thanks for the permanent and inseparable love of the girl of my dreams.  While I might have wished for something like it before I met her, I could have never known the truth of this kind of love in advance.  It is unmistakable that this is one of God's greatest creations.

Thanks for my very large and growing family.  When I see the crowd (18 kids with 21 grand children) I am in awe of how the mustard seed has grown.

Thanks fro good health.  Thanks for a solid future that culminates with a meeting with a billion of so like minded people in the throne room of God.  There will be no red or blue, liberal or conservative, no votes but one, no hunger or pain, just a never ending awe of being in the presence of the Absolute Monarch who gave more than I could ever to have me and my billion friends with Him.

Yes.  Thanks Giving.

Oh...and thanks for turkey.

No comments: