Saturday, January 23, 2016

Upon further consideration...

Back to that cowardly way of confessing without taking responsibility - we see other versions - like "I am sorry if I did something wrong..."  ..or..."I am sorry if I offended you...".  These are making it YOUR problem if YOUR think I did something wrong, and can count as an apology because I said I am sorry.

Of course, in some ways you indeed are sorry....

Anyway, another is one we've heard recently "I admit I had a lapse in judgement...".  Close to a confession, but not actually saying I WAS WRONG.

Seems a good way to really confess is to say "I was wrong, I shouldn't have done that, I am sorry I did..."

An I am sorry if it offends you that I am pointing this out....I am sure the devil made me have this lapse in judgement and make an unfortunate choice...

No comments: