Wednesday, February 27, 2008

What's a father (smart alek) to say?

So my wife tells me that one of the unnamed teenage daughters was using the wrong cleaning product on a wood table, causing the finish to dull. She explained that the product choice is important to maintain the finish.

"Well, then, what do I do, it it hard to get the 'glunk' off the table sometimes".

"Sometimes you just have to use elbow grease".

Puzzled look. Rifle through the cabinet. More puzzled look.

"Where is the elbow grease?"

Priceless.

5 comments:

Josh said...

bet i can guess who that was

Perri said...

I have a kid who would have asked the same thing.

Hilarious.

Anonymous said...

Well did they find it ;-)

your bro.

Anonymous said...

hahaha!!!sounds like something at my house....and my kids would ask that.....but was it the kid who asked or dad who asked? which dad here would probably do the same thing.......love it
Deana in Taiwan

Anonymous said...

That's a funny story. And impressive that you are able to hijack blog entries from Kate's brain.