Sunday, September 7, 2008

The narrow mind of Christ

Jesus said "I am the way, the truth, and the life; No one comes to the Father except through me."

This quote of Jesus from John 14:6 is a pretty narrow definition.

Not much wiggle room.

"No one".

I pondered that in church this morning. The preacher talked some about how, no matter what we as humans try, we can't fix the world with government, with taxes, with policy. The real fix is through our Creator.

Seems to me that means none of us can claim an exemption. I can't. He said "no one". I can't reason "I don't believe that". If I don't believe, does it change any facts?

I can only choose to accept the fact or reject it.

And live with the result. (or die)

Seems it makes sense to make a decision like that fully informed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen!