Saturday, September 27, 2008

Skinny me

So I'm participating in WeightWatchers online. It's a pretty good thing, easy to use, and full of promise. Till now my weightwatching has been by looking down and - voila - there is my weight. Which is why the new leaf is turning over.

The program is simple. You count points. It is a lot like counting calories except the numbers are smaller. Very simple numbers. I get 30 a day. A caramel apple is 9 points. A 4 pound tomato is zero points. So the deal is - the better something tastes the more points it has. Buttered popcorn (about a thimblefull) - 3 points. Popcorn with nothing added to make it edible (about a bucketful) - 1 point.

It is worth it, though. It promises that I will regain my youthful good looks. At least my youthful weight. (Part of the regaining of the good looks would require either a weave, transplants, or magic hairgrowing salve).

When I look down I won't have to look past my weight to see how light I am.

Did you know if you rock back a little on the scale you are actually a little lighter?

1 comment:

justjuls said...

:)
The problem is you can only rock back so far!
I am so disappointed - I don't guess I'll get to see you while I'm here - this has been a much abbreviated and chaotic visit!
I wouldn't care if you were skinny or fluffy!