Monday, May 30, 2011

Can anyone tell me who wrote this and when?

"I have never been able to understand all the fuss some people make about the government wanting to do something to improve and protect the health of the people. I usually find that those who are loudest in protesting against medical help by the federal government are those who do not need help. But the fact is that a large portion of our population cannot afford to pay for proper medical and hospital care."

I'll bet you'll never get the answer!!

4 comments:

D said...

I know, but it's because I googled it. Interesting :D

James said...

OK. Who did Google say it is?

D said...

Google says Harry S. Truman.

James said...

Right. Second volume of his memoirs. The chapter he devoted to this is uncanny, the arguments for and against universal health care are virtually the same...