Monday, November 10, 2008

Dad

The other day my Dad and I got to spend some time together. We live a little apart from each other, so we don't get to see each other as often as I'd like. When we get together we have some laughs, we solve most of the world's political problems the world faces (no, we're not running for office), and we eat somewhere my Dad picks. We're usually the last of the lunch crowd at the restaurant, our conversations and laughs just go on and on.

They are good times. We haven't had much time together for most of the last 30 or 40 years, so these visits are pretty special. The Father God has given us the image of a father relationship for us to understand him better with - I get the privilege of these times to appreciate how deep and wide that can really be.

Thanks Dad.

1 comment:

Karasmith said...

I think Obama could use a father son team like you on his cabinet!